How to make sourdough pancakes?
Ingredients and equipment required
- 1 cup wheat flour or All purpose flour
- 1.5 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Raw honey or maple syrup
- 50g butter( you may need even more)
- Mix flour and yogurt together and let it sit for 12-24 hours in a warm place while covered.
- After 24 hours the mixture will sour. Add baking soda, baking powder, egg and salt to it. Mix well and let it sit for 5-10 mins more.
- Heat a stainless steal pan and season it with some butter so that your pancakes won’t stick it while cooking.
- Pour the batter in the pan and cook pancakes out of it. Use enough butter so that it cooks thoroughly from both sides.
- Serve them hot topped with honey or maple and syrup and some more butter.
These pancakes have a sour taste with soft bread like texture. Enjoy them with some honey or maple syrup.