If you are someone who is short on time but needs a high protein meal which requires less effort to make then this recipe is for you. Chicken fried rice are easy to make and super healthy.
- 100-150g diced chicken
- 100-200g cooked white rice from an old batch
- 1-2 eggs(optional)
- 1 diced onion
- 5-8 garlic cloves
- Diced vegetable of your choice(bell peppers/ brocolli/ zucchini/carrots/cabbage) anything goes well.
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp of butter/ghee
- Spices and condiments
- Fried rice are easy and quick to make since rice are already ready from the previous batch and all we need to do is stir fry the chicken, egg and veggies.
- Heat up litte butter and add the eggs, scramble them and remove.
- Add more butter in pan and stir fry the chicken, make sure it’s cooked well on both sides. Remove it.
- Now add the onions and garlic first, fry them until golden brown, add the other veggies and stir fry them too.
- Now add the rice, salt, spices and condiments and stir them thoroughly until the salt and spices blend in well.
- Add the chicken and eggs back into the pan, mix them well with rest of the rice and serve hot.
Calories: 450-650 depending on how much rice, chicken and eggs you use, if you are on fat loss then remove the eggs, use less butter and rice while keeping the chicken as it is.
This meal is rich in B vitamins especially B12, B9 and B6, Zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and more.
A homemade fermented ketchup goes well with fried rice, click here to know the recipe.